Here are the supplies I plan on using: gutter guard, a 10kg bag of pebbles (both from Bunnings), non-slip matting (from Clarke Rubber), felt (from my craft stash) and a glue gun (courtesy of mum). All up, I am estimating this will cost me between $20-$30 to make.
I am not really sure what I am doing, but my approach is going to be as follows (fingers crossed it works):
- Spray paint gutter guard black (it's currently brown).
- Glue gutter guard onto non-slip matting as I figure this will give the pebbles something to hold onto.
- Glue felt onto underside of non-slip matting (so that it can be pushed around the pool table easily if I need to move it).
- Hot glue gun pebbles onto gutter guard/non-slip matting.
I aimed to start this yesterday but didn't get very far as I was tired and grumpy! Matty kindly got a start on it for me and spray painted the gutter guard black and adhered it to my non slip matting. When I went out to the shed this morning, I found it squashed under numerous bits of wood and about 150kgs of weights... but boy was it straight and well adhered! Good job Matty!
Below is a sneak-peak of part of the table runner (currently unadhered):
I hope to start putting some of the pebbles on with glue tonight, but we will have to see how I go. These things take time and a lot of procrastination!
Here are the links to other posts on the pebble table runner:
- Project #6 - Pebble Table Runner (Update #2)
- Project #6 - Pebble Table Runner (Update #3)
- Project #6 - Pebble Table Runner (Update #4 - Finished)