Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Project #3 - Baby Shoes & Bibs (Update #2 - Finished)

I got home too late from dinner last night to resume work on the table runner, so instead I put the finishing touches on my bib and baby shoes sets. I am really pleased with how they turned out, especially the bibs.

The most time consuming part of the process was putting the finishing touches on the shoes. Both the inner sole and the label on the back needed to be hand stitched on, however I am thinking that I may be able to machine sew the label on prior to sewing the shoes together next time. Here is a picture of the finished shoes:

For the bibs, I used a free pattern available on the Chickpea Sewing Studio blog. The pattern is a nice shape but is only really suitable for babies who are 0-3 months old. I have made my own pattern for a larger bib, but have not tried it out yet. Here is a picture of some of the Chickpea Studio bibs using Alexander Henry's 3D Zoo and Michael Miller's Dick and Jane fabrics:

The range of available quilting fabrics is really quite spectacular, however they are very expensive (between $18 and $22 a metre). Here are some more bibs using some quilting fabrics I picked up in Geelong:

I am now thinking of making some matching burp cloths to complete the set and may even look to sell some of these sets on Etsy or at local markets in the future - it depends if I can find the motivation to do so!

Here is a link to the other post on baby shoes and bibs:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.