Thursday, October 29, 2009

Project #18 - Paint Santa Ornament (Update #2 - Finished)

Finally the Santa ornament is finished! Here he is from the front:

And from the back:

It took a lot longer than expected to finish it off due to my incredibly unsteady hand. Some days were better than others though, so if I felt like I was having an 'off' painting day (eg. painting everything else in sight other than what I wanted to), I would just do another crafty project and leave the painting until the next day.

I thought the painting would be the hardest part, but boy was I wrong! I decided to varnish Santa outside due to the fumes and for some reason (I blame the baby for sucking out part of my brain) I thought it would be best to do this on a small piece of paper in the middle of our gravel driveway.

This would have been fine if I wasn't almost 6 months pregnant with a CRAZY centre of balance. After spraying Santa with a coat of varnish, I went to move around to do the other side and accidently sprayed Santa with a face full of gravel instead. Of course because of the varnish, the gravel stuck to him and I flew into a frenzy. Luckily I was able to remove the gravel and Santa came out relatively unscathed!

*Note to self: Painting plaster moulds is not as therapeutic as it sounds*

Here is a link to the other post on painting the Santa ornament:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.