Now, I am still on the hunt for the 'perfect' yo-yo recipe (if you think you have one, please let me know!) but so far this one has become a favourite at our Thursday craft night. Here is the recipe below:
You will need:
3/4 cups (190gms) butter
1/3 cup of icing sugar
1 cup of custard powder
1 cup of plain flour
1/2 tspn vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream the butter and icing sugar together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to beat until the mixture turns from crumbs into more of a thick batter.
- Roll pieces of the mixture into balls, place on a tray lined with baking paper and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Once cooled, join two biscuits together with icing (I like to put a dash of lemon in my icing too!)
Here is a picture of my biscuits all ready for afternoon tea tomorrow!
Yum! I just need to try not to eat too many now!