This past weekend we took a trip to Geelong so that Matty could help his dad get the boat that he's been building onto the trailer, so he could take it to a hobby fair this coming Friday. Since my help wouldn't be needed, I thought this would be a great time to get the Christmas cards finished since they need to be sent out in about two weeks time.
This year I had set myself a challenge - to use up my existing stash of Christmas embellishments and papers, as I had been accumulating them over the past couple of years. Luckily, I had enough paper left over from the Christmas Traditions book to make 15 cards (which is the set number I make every year).
While I had quite a few embellishments, I didn't have enough. So I got a little inventive and used my sister's Cricut machine to cut out the words 'Christmas' and 'Joy'. I then edged each of the letters with a glitter pen to make it stand out a little bit more. I then raised every second letter using mounting tape to add some dimension. Doing this meant that I stuck to my goal of spending very little on the cards this year. Yay!
Anyway, there really isn't too much more to say about these cards. Here is a picture of them finished:
Now I just need to write on them all.... Erk!