I wanted to send out something to everyone as a kind of 'thank-you', so I decided to make photo cards as they are so easy to do! You could also use the same process to make your own invitations, birthday cards or Christmas Cards too!
You will need:
A computer program that enables you to do image and text manipulation and set a canvas size (I use Adobe Fireworks)
A photo or image that you want to appear on your card.
- Firstly you will need to open up the computer program you choose to use and set the canvas size to 1200 x 1800 pixels.
- Import the photos or images you want to use on your card.
- Arrange the photos or images to your liking, making sure that no 'important' detail is close to the edge of the canvas (when you print them, some of the image close to the edge may be lost)
- Place any text you like either on top of the image or photo, or alternatively, re-size your image so that it does not fill the entire canvas and place your text next to the photo or image (this is what we did).
- Once you are happy with the placement of your images, photos and text, you are ready to print. You can either print them yourself on photo paper or have them printed at places like Big W or Kmart.
- You may choose to glue your photo onto a card so that you can write on the inside as well. Alternatively, you could glue a magnet on the back of the photo card so that people can stick the card on their fridge, which is ideal for invitations.
All up 40 photo cards cost $6.00 to make, so it is quite a cost effective method of showing your gratitude. Now I just need to send them all out!