I was originally going to bake some lactation cookies to help my milk supply, but with 500gms of butter, a tin of condensed milk and a packet of chocolate chips in the list of ingredients, I thought my bum might thank me if I made something else!
So I got out my most trusty recipe for Golden Oat Cookies (which I believe is just a fancy rip off name for Anzac biscuits lol).
Anyway, here is the recipe. It is so quick and easy and pretty cheap too:
1 cup of Self Raising Flour
1 cup of oats
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of Bicarb Soda
100gms of Flora Light Margarine
5 tablespoons of golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to160 degrees Celsius
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Melt margarine, mix together with Golden Syrup and then add to dry ingredients. Combine well.
- Spray a baking tray with cooking spray or line with baking paper. Roll about 1 teaspoon of mixture into a ball and place on tray. Flatten dough with the back of a fork.
- Place trays in the oven and bake until golden brown.
I'm hoping they'll last until afternoon tea time but I don't like my chances!