Yup, I've been AWOL again. But I haven't been a slacker this time round. I have been incredibly busy - I just haven't been posting. This week I am going to get you up to speed on what has been going on for the last couple of weeks.
So first off, Lincraft had a 50% off sale on all of their fabric last week. I always tend to get excited about this, until I get to the store and realise that they have absolutely nothing that I want to buy! Their fabric range is a little *blergh* to say the least. Kind of like my nana has fitted out the shop with her most favourite fabrics.... and if you know my nana, you know that isn't a pretty sight.
This time was a little different though as I did happen to find a cool flannelette print with Super Dogs on it! Other than the flannlette I only bought a metre of Pellon and a metre of wool batting... boring hey!
Anyway, I decided I would use the flannelette to make some nappy covers since I am sick to DEATH of the plastic pants we have been using. I made 4 identical nappy covers. Here is how one of them turned out:
I used the Chloe's Toes pattern (which is free) as I have used it before and found it to be a nice fit.
It was a particularly nice fit around the legs this time round since I used the proper Fold Over Elastic (FOE) as opposed to the Fitted Sheet elastic recommended to me by the local sewing shop. I found the fitted sheet elastic to be too hard and as such, it dug into Little Snicker's legs. That's why we stopped using the first lot of covers I made.
Now that I've gotten the hang of it, I plan on making a few more for the upcoming summer months when Little Snicker will most likely be hanging out in singlets and nappies. I haven't given up on the idea of using Modern Cloth Nappies, but I STILL can't get that leg elastic right!