Since the majority of my time this week has been spent working on the Christmas Quilt, I have had a lot of time for thinking. I have thought about what the future holds for us, I have thought about the things I'd like to be doing and I have thought about the things I should be doing - like cleaning the house!
I would be surprised if I ever found anyone that 'truly' loved cleaning their house. I mean, surely there are better things that a person could be doing rather than spending time scrubbing, sweeping and dusting?
There is one particular household chore that I absolutely LOATHE doing and that is cleaning the microwave. I will avoid it at all cost. I would rather scrub the toilet with a toothbrush than clean the microwave.
When my lunch exploded inside the microwave the other day, I was less than impressed. Just so you know I'm not exaggerating when I say 'exploded', here is a picture of the inside of the microwave:
I did clean the microwave after this event, but it got me to thinking about possible solutions to my microwave cleaning hatred and I think I've come up with possibly the best invention of all time - The disposable microwave!
Now this idea I have doesn't necessarily mean that each time you use the microwave you have to discard it and get a new one (obviously the cost of doing that would just be plain ridiculous!). I am thinking that perhaps the inside of the microwave could have layers that you simply peel off and discard to enable easy cleaning.
I realise that there are many products out there that help to avoid splatter, which typically result in the covering of your food while heating and I acknowledge that these products would also help to reduce the amount of food spraying on the inside of your microwave. But what if you're like me and you really, REALLY like to see your food while it's revolving? Obviously covering isn't going to cut it, hence why I think the disposable microwave liners could be a really great idea.
It is possible though (and more likely) that I think this is such a great idea because I am so delieriously tired.... either that or there is some sort of chemical in my embroidery thread that is seeping into my skin and causing me to go crazy. Either way, I guess a simpler solution would just be to pay someone to come in and clean it on my behalf. Anyone want to do that for $5? lol