I took a look in the cupboard and found that I had an abundance of apples. So I decided to make my own dairy and gluten free apple crumble.
Here is the recipe:
10 apples (I used medium sized apples) stewed.
1/2 a cup of sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of gluten free flour
3/4 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup of gluten free oats
3/4 cup of coconut
2/3 cup of dairy free butter (I used Nuttelex)
A dash of vanilla essence
- Place stewed apples into the bottom of a suitable dish.
- Combine gluten free flour, brown sugar, gluten free rolled oats, coconut and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix.
- Melt dairy free butter and add vanilla essence. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix well using a fork until it has a crumbly texture.
- Spread crumble over the top of the stewed apple.
- Bake the crumble at 180 degrees Celsius for approximately 30-40minutes, or until the topping is slightly browned.